Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chuck Brown's 75th B-Day Bash Recap







After the tropical storm Irene messed up plans for Chuck's B-Day Bash on Sat 9-27, there was a little doubt in the air on how the event would come off on Sunday. That would be answered soon enough. I got there 2hrs early, as it is custom to do with an event as large as this. There were a lot of special guest invited and I wanted to make sure I caught up with all of them to get drops for the station before it got too busy. As usual, the 9:30 club security was in full effect, and I had to wait for Tom Goldfogle (Chuck's Manager) to get there, to verify my credentials. Luckily, he was only 10 mins behind me, and not too long after that my staff from the Hollywood Morning Show of Ms Toni & Hollywood as well as Tree (associate station manager), right behind them. Expected special guests to perform with Chuck that night was, Bootsy Collins to host, Kindred & the Family Soul, Ledisi, Raheem Devaughn, amongst others.


 I had a chance to check out Chuck's Band warm-up & sound check with his top-notch sound man Googie. I always liked this, because it gives you a chance to feel out the band before the actual show. In came Fatin & Aja from Kindred. They warmed up to their hit that they perform with Chuck called, "Going to a GoGo". Toni & Hollywood were able to get some drops for GoGoRadio from them as well as from Sweet Cherie & Mighty Moe 


Read More....


Source:  GoGoRadio.com
Author: Nico the GoGo-Ologist & Toni Cabrera



No comments: